As one of America’s iconic fast-food chains, A&W Restaurants has a long and storied past. Launched in 1919 with a California roadside root beer stand, the business became famous for serving up frosty mugs of foamy root beer. Now, over a century after serving their first mug, A&W boasts hundreds of locations across the U.S. and Canada and a revenue of over $330 million.
Today, A&W Restaurants has its feet firmly planted in the present when it comes to the keen business decisions required to grow. With so many locations to manage, the company is laser-focused on elevating the customer experience and applying insights from consumer data to drive business strategy
In A&W’s highly competitive industry where searches for “food open now” have increased 210% over the past year, the company consistently lost out to competitors by not appearing in online search results. A&W set out to take control of their local business listings and better understand the customer experience. To do so, they set three key goals:
- Claim all listings to improve “near me” search accuracy
- Increase online visibility and search rankings with optimized local SEO strategies
- Glean customer insight and boost loyalty by responding to reviews as consistently and quickly as possible
A&W knew they needed to understand consumer sentiment to inform and validate their business decisions. They also wanted to become a more data-driven organization at every level of the company seeking actionable recommendations that would have a positive impact across all their locations.
In search of an effective solution and—possibly, more importantly—a partner who could help them drive more foot traffic to their stores, A&W turned to Chatmeter.
Chatmeter’s Listings and Review management software allow businesses to:
- Easily update all local business listings
- Monitor and track review quality and quantity
- Understand and measure the competitive landscape
- Quickly reply to reviews with custom templates and bulk response
After just four months with Chatmeter, A&W saw significant results:
- 12% increase in Page-1 appearances on Yelp
- 15% increase in Page-1 appearances on Google
- 13% increase in click-to-call actions on Google
A&W was thrilled to see their five-star reviews on Google increase by 25% and their listing accuracy by 36%. Their review response rates also went up by 34%.
In partnership with Chatmeter, A&W successfully surfaced unseen customer experiences across the enterprise. Along with award-winning support and industry-leading solutions, A&W can now make better informed strategic decisions and new opportunities to strengthen its brand both at a location and organizational level.