How to Update Your Business Hours on Google, Facebook, and Yelp
It’s imperative for your brand to inform customers of your operating business hours during this uncertain time. It’s more important than ever that you’re providing customers with accurate business information before they leave their homes. We’ve included simple steps to easily update your special hours on Google, Facebook, and Yelp.
UPDATE: Google My Business has announced they will be disabling all reviews and responses until further notice. Yelp has also made critical updates to their review policies. Find out how this will impact your business.
“In a time of uncertainty, it’s critical for businesses to provide accurate information for the public. People are depending on updated information about closures and new operating hours.
In addition, Google or the public may make those changes on behalf of the business and they don’t always get it right. Businesses need to be the only key driver of any changes.” – Client Operations Manager, Jelena Arnold.
How to Set Special Hours on Google
Updating your business hours on Google is crucial. Google is one of the first places consumers head to in order to check which businesses are open. This also helps potential customers who are nearby your store-front find your business easily on Google Maps. Notifying customers of changes through your GMB Posts will place customer updates front and center.
Notice: With the rise of businesses changing their hours right now, Google My Business is prioritizing listing updates for health-related businesses first. All other industries may experience a delay.
Log into your Google My Business at Google.com/business
If you have multiple locations, click the one you’d like to update.
1. Go to Info, then click Special Hours.
2. Click “Add new date” to choose the dates.
3. Add the special hours your business plans on being open or closed.
4. Click apply.
How To Set Your Locations As “Temporarily Closed” on Google My Business
Google My Business is now allowing businesses to set their locations as “Temporarily Closed” in the GMB dashboard.
To make your profile appear as temporarily closed on Google Maps and Search:
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- In the menu on the left, click Info.
- To the right, point to the section “Close this business on Google.”
- Click Mark as temporarily closed.
If you have multiple profiles, select the profile you want to change then follow steps 2 and 3 to mark your businesses as temporarily closed.
For more information on how to provide customers with updated information regarding COVID-19, click here.
How to Set Special Hours on Facebook
Although you can’t set up special hours independently of your business’s regular hours, you can still update your regular hours. In addition, you can notify consumers of any business changes through Facebook posts. These posts can be pinned to the top of your Facebook page so it’s the first post customers see on your business page.
How to update your hours on Facebook:
1. Head to the About page on your business page.
2. Click on Hours.
3. Here, you can add business hours, let customers know if you’re open on selected hours, or add any permanent closures.
4. Click Save.
How to Set Special Hours on Yelp
It’s fairly simple to set up special business hours through Yelp. When special hours are set on Yelp, customers will view a notice letting them know these are your business’s special hours only.
1. Log in to Yelp for Business or the Yelp for Business app.
2. Go to Business Information and select Special Hours. You have the option to mark your business as closed or open during a window of time.
3. Since special hours are set by day-to-day, be sure to set each day where your operating hours are different than regular business hours.
In these times, it’s critical that brands are displaying the correct information as fast as possible. This presents itself as quite the challenge when your business has hundreds of locations, especially with Google’s listings delays for non-healthcare brands. If you’d like to manage your business hours for multiple locations quickly, let us know if we can help with Chatmeter’s Listing Management services.