Three Reasons Why Every Multi-Location Business Needs Local Pages
- 97% of people learn more about a local company online than anywhere else.
- Local Pages are the best way for brands to provide consumers with location-specific information about the store closest to them.
- Local Pages make a big impact on your search rankings.
- Local Pages serve as the local source of truth for multi-location brands.
Nearly half of all Google searches come from consumers looking for local information. Reaching local consumers is one of the most important ways any business can drive in-store traffic and revenue.
However, when you’re a multi-location brand with hundreds of locations like Target or Walmart, this becomes a complex issue. This is where Local Pages come into play. Local Pages offer a simple solution to enable brand discovery and connect local consumers to your business.
Keep reading to find out the largest benefits your multi-location business can experience with Local Pages.
#1 – Local Pages Provide a Seamless Customer Experience
97% of people learn more about a local company online than anywhere else. It’s vital that your business offers local consumers the information they’re looking for. Consumers want to know about their local store’s local hours, business information, products in stock, and more.
Think of Local Pages as organized website pages dedicated to each of your store-front locations. Each Local Page offers all the location-specific information that consumers need such as:
- Geo-Locators – A Geo-locator helps consumers easily locate the business location closest to them. It can even provide them with an interactive map, driving directions, and filter by attributes.
- Location-Specific Information – Local Pages include location-specific information such as hours of operation, address, phone number, and more. They also have information like accepted payment types, store managers, common FAQs, and local store reviews.
- Product & Service Offerings – Adding products and services available at your local store will help consumers make informed decisions about whether or not to visit your business. You can entice consumers to visit your store by highlighting any current promotions, coupons, and discounts available at that business.
- Bookings & Reservations – Make it easier for consumers to visit your business by adding any booking, appointment, or reservation links onto your store-front’s Local Pages.
- Social Media Integrations – Including links to your social media will engage consumers and help them find out more information about your business.
Having this information readily available on your Local Pages is one of the largest steps in providing a seamless customer experience and will help you convert online searchers to in-store customers.
#2 – Local Pages Boost Your Search Rankings
The competition to be at the top of the search rankings is fierce. No consumer will search past page 1 of Google, Bing, or any other search engine when looking for businesses. That’s why Local Pages are an integral part of an optimized local SEO strategy.
Local Pages are SEO-friendly for many reasons. For starters, every local page contains location-specific content organized easily for the user and the search engine to find – a big plus for search engines like Google. In addition, local pages are built with Local SEO in mind helping you to outrank the local competition in both web and map search.
With Chatmeter’s Local Pages, you don’t have to worry about the nitty-gritty SEO details. Each of our Local Pages come complete with an SEO optimized URL, a breadcrumb sitemap for enhanced spidering, and contain RDF and GE Meta Tags. Chatmeter’s Local Pages also offer the option to integrate into your brand’s existing domain for even more SEO benefits.
#3 – Local Pages Optimize Your Brand for Zero-Click and Voice Search
More than 50% of Google searches end without a click. Zero-click search results appear at the top of the search engine results page and enables Google users to get answers to their questions without clicking further into a website. These answers can come in the form of featured snippets, knowledge cards, videos, and more. Local Pages provide a centralized repository of localized, SEO-friendly content that increases your brand’s chances of being referenced in a featured snippet, local search, photo results, and more.
Consumers want instantaneous answers whenever and wherever they are. This is why voice assistants are so popular today – and even more so since COVID-19.
“I expect that we’ll see voice-powered interaction expand beyond the car, smartphone and smart home to new areas of mobility and other unexpected areas. I’m thinking voice-powered elevators, unique applications for voice in retail settings, and an increase in the usage of voice technologies in transit and travel.” – Sanjay Dhawan, CEO of Cerence.
With voice assistants heavily integrated into our daily lives, every multi-location business needs to be prepared to rank for voice search. Ranking high enough for voice assistants requires even more work than ranking for page-1 of Google because voice assistants pull in only 1-3 search results.
When consumers search for products and services through voice assistants, they are asking questions with unbranded keywords and unbranded queries a majority of the time. This can range from questions about shoes near them to queries looking for local retailers.
Multi-location businesses can leverage Local Pages by adding in unbranded keywords for each location and ultimately rank for voice assistant queries. For example, let’s say you’re a store like Target. Target typically has several different departments, including a food department, a pharmacy, a home appliance section, beauty, clothing, and more. Every Target location can use unbranded keywords to show what’s available within each department category of their Local Page. That way, when a voice assistant user asks, “Hey Siri, where can I buy coffee grounds near me?”, that Local Page can connect a local consumer to their nearest Target.
Chatmeter’s New and Expanded Local Pages
Chatmeter recently expanded our Local Pages to give customers even more control over their online presence. With Chatmeter, your multi-location business can create thousands of local pages in weeks. We also provide a dedicated designer and an onboarding specialist to ensure your Local Pages are customized to your brand. Any Chatmeter customer can easily manage Local Pages straight from Chatmeter’s LocationHQ dashboard and make updates to all locations in bulk.
Are you interested in optimizing your local SEO strategy? Find out how you can drive traffic from online to in-store by speaking to one of our experts today!